- 150g Quorn Mince
- 150g Tomato Passata
- 70g Frozen Peas
- 30g 30% Lighter Cheddar Cheese
- 50g Plain Tortilla Chips
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 80g broccoli (to serve)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onions, cooking for 5 minutes on a medium heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the passata and bring to a simmer.
- Add the Quorn mince and mix, cooking for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the frozen peas and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Layer the tortilla chips, the mince etc in a oven-proof dish.
- Top with cheese and bake for 10-15minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 7 minutes.
Okay, so maybe a little more calorific and fatty than my regular meals, however it is relatively low in salt (half the amount than that of a Subway cheesy nacho portion, which is also much smaller).
Compared with nachos made with regular beef and full fat cheese of the same portions, we have cut this meal down from a whopping 51g of fat to 26g, 19g of saturated fat to 6.6g, and 1.6g of salt to 1.3g. It also cuts out just over 200 calories, so is a much healthier version of this treat food!
It also includes 2 of your 5 a day (broccoli and tomatoes), and another half if counting the onion.