Low in calorie, fat and high in protein, this light tea/ lunch provides 4 of your 5 a day with a spicey twist!
- 150g raw prawns
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sweetcorn cob, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220/8
- Pop the sweetcorn cob pieces in the microwave for 3-4minutes until slightly soft.
- Mix the spices and seasoning in a small bowl.
- Put the prawns, pepper, tomatoes, sweetcorn cob and carrot pieces and top with the spice mix and olive oil, mix well.
- Put in oven and bake for 20minutes.
Prawns – High in protein and low in fat for a lean tasty meat!
Tomatoes – massively high in vitamin C for protein and neurotransmitter synthesis; it also has functions in detoxification and as an antioxidant. It also gives you vitamin A for vision and immune function, and potassium for fluid balance and muscle contraction.
Pepper – Also high in vitamin A and C, but also B6 to release energy and folate which helps DNA synthesis.
Carrots – Also high in vitamin A (specifically beta-carotene) for vision and immune function.
Sweetcorn – High in vitamin B1 and B5 for release of energy from respiration, and vitamin C for protein and neurotransmitter synthesis.