Looking for something quick? High protein? Spiced? Delicious? This is the perfect meal – packing in two of your 5-a-day, as well as plenty of protein, this will satisfy your cravings and keep you fuller for longer!
- Pork chop
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat pesto
- 30g dried couscous
- 150ml water or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220/7.
- Cover the pesto on the pork chop
- Add the onion and pepper to a baking tray and mix in olive oil, half the spices, and seasoning. Make space in the middle to place the pork chop, facing pesto side up. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining spices to the couscous and cover with the boiling water/ stock and leave for 5 minutes so the couscous can absorb the water.
- After the pork has been baking for 20minutes, remove the chop from the tray and mix the couscous with the vegetables. Make a well in the middle and add the chop again, baking for a further 10minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pork – High in protein and the B vitamins for carbohydrate and energy utilisation, and mineral phosphorus for bone and protein function.
Couscous – high in protein and providing a good base for this dish.
Onion – High in vitamin C for immune function, folic acid for DNA synthesis, and fibre for digestion.
Pepper – high in vitamin A and C, but also B6 to release energy and folate which helps DNA synthesis.