These healthy alternatives to ice cream are both delicious AND fun to make!
Makes 6 lollipops
- 3 bananas
- 100g chocolate
- Other toppings – see ideas at the bottom
- Cut the bananas into halves and push lollipop sticks or skewers into the bottom.
- Freeze overnight.
- When frozen, melt the chocolate in a bowl above a saucepan of simmering water.
- Dip the bananas in the chocolate, and cover with any other toppings – this will have to be done quickly if the chocolate is to be used as a ‘sticking agent’ as the frozen banana will cause the chocolate to harden quickly.
- Eat immediately or stick in the freezer for keeping.
The above information is for just the banana dipped in chocolate, additional macronutrients and calories will be added with additional toppings.
- Peanuts and melted peanut butter (in picture)
- Honeycomb and chocolate pieces (in picture)
- Peanut butter and salt (in picture)
- Crushed pistachio nuts
- Crushed hazelnuts and Nutella
- Lotus spread and crushed lotus biscuits
- Nut butter and jam