Yummy yummy yummy… a twist on a shaklaka (of which I will be making soon…) and can be eaten for breakfast, tea or dinner!
- 250g 5% fat minced beef
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 140g frozen peas
- Saute the onions for 3-4minutes on a medium heat until soft.
- Add the mince beef and turn to a high heat to brown. Then reduce the heat and cook for a further 5minutes.
- Add the garlic and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and peas, and mix.
- Crack the eggs on top of the beef, cover and cook for 4minutes or until the eggs are cooked as wanted.
Beef – High in protein and low in fat, when the lean version is bought. It is also high in vitamin B3, B6 and B12 for energy release in respiration, and iron for protein and neurotransmitter synthesis and immune function.
Eggs – Eggs are the most useful protein source as they provide essential amino acids (the building molecules of protein), which are also absorbed most efficiently by the body.
Tomatoes – massively high in vitamin C for protein and neurotransmitter synthesis; it also has functions in detoxification and as an antioxidant. It also gives you vitamin A for vision and immune function, and potassium for fluid balance and muscle contraction.
Peas – providing potassium, vitamin B6 for energy and dietary fibre for bowel moment.