Perfect to pair with a jacket potato or to top pasta with…. or just eat on its own for the ultimate protein hit!
- 8 reduced-fat sausages, cut in half
- 400g tomato passata
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 sliced prosciutto ham
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cans black eye beans, drained
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on a high heat.
- Add the sausages and brown for 2-3minutes, or until there is no pink showing on the outside of the sausage.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, beans and prosciutto ham, and cook for a further 3minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, ketchup, smoked paprika and vinegar and stir to cook for 2minutes.
- Add the tomato passata and heat for 5-7minutes.
- Serve with pasta or jacket potato.
Sausages and prosciutto ham – High in protein and the B vitamins for carbohydrate and energy utilisation, and mineral phosphorus for bone and protein function.
Tomatoes – massively high in vitamin C for protein and neurotransmitter synthesis; it also has functions in detoxification and as an antioxidant. It also gives you vitamin A for vision and immune function, and potassium for fluid balance and muscle contraction.
Beans – high in plant-based protein and fibre for digestion, as well as folate for DNA synthesis and vitamin A for vision