Yummy yummy yummy – a great way to get one of your 5-a-day whilst having a little treat!
Makes 6 rings (I may have eaten one before I took the photo….)
- 1 pineapple
- 100g chocolate
- Other toppings – see ideas at the bottom
- Cut the pineapple into 6 slices, removing the skin and the middle.
- Freeze overnight.
- When frozen, melt the chocolate in a bowl above a saucepan of simmering water.
- Dip the rings in the chocolate, and cover with any other toppings – this will have to be done quickly if the chocolate is to be used as a ‘sticking agent’ as the frozen pineapple will cause the chocolate to harden quickly.
- Eat immediately or stick in the freezer for keeping.
This is the nutrition information per basic ring covered in chocolate – additional toppings mean additional calories and macronutrients so please take this into consideration.
- Desiccated coconut
- Chopped macadamia nuts
- Chopped dried mango
- Chopped glace cherries
- Coconut and chopped pecan nuts
- Glace cherries and mini marshmallows
- Raspberry sauce