Using no fat whatsoever and minimal added sugar, this loaf is transformed into something that can be enjoyed as a healthy carbohydrate! Plus it is only 104kcal per slice!!
Makes 2 loaves (7 slices per loaf) or 1 large loaf (14 slices)
- 140g wholewheat flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 overripe bananas (plus one for topping)
- 3 eggs
- 150ml fat free plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 160/4.
- Line 2 baking tins with baking parchment.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mush the bananas together, and then mix with the yoghurt, syrup and eggs.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Half the extra banana and add to the top (optional), or add any other topping that takes your fancy.
- Bake for 40-45minutes if baking two loaves, or 1hr15-20minutes if only baking one.
- Enjoy warm or store to eat later! It can be frozen if needed.
Banana – High in potassium for fluid balance and muscle contraction, and containing naturally occurring sugars to keep your energy up for longer!
Yoghurt – contributing towards your protein and calcium requirements. Calcium is essential for bone growth and maintenance.
Wholewheat flour – provides slow-release carbohydrate to keep you going for longer and fibre for good digestion.