A fragrant tea or easy pack up lunch, this Moroccan style chicken uses dates to give it a sweet kick and is super high in protein!
- 40g couscous
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 chicken thighs
- 5 dates
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 120ml boiling water or chicken stock
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Bunch of parsley, to top
- Preheat the oven to 220/8.
- Heat the olive oil on a medium-high heat and brown the chicken thighs for 4-5 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove and add to a roasting tin, along with the dry couscous.
- In the same pan that has just cooked the chicken, reduce the heat and soften the onion and garlic for 5minutes.
- Add the dates, cumin, cinnamon and stock to the onion mix, and bring to the boil.
- Mix the dates and stock to the dried couscous and chicken in the roasting tin, and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes.
- Serve with parsley and enjoy!
Chicken – a good source of protein which is high in the vitamins thiamin, riboflavin and niacin for energy production; and zinc for enzyme function, immune control and protein synthesis.
Couscous – high in protein (5g per portion) and providing a good base for this dish.
Onion – High in vitamin C for immune function, folic acid for DNA synthesis, and fibre for digestion.
Dates – a good source of carbohydrate and high in calcium for bone strength.