- 2 plain naan breads
- 1/2 cooked butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 60g soft goats cheese
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 220/8
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on a low heat and add the onion. Cook for around 10minutes, until softened and then add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 10minutes.
- Top the naan with the tomato paste, then the squash, goats cheese and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for 10minutes in the oven, or until the cheese has melted and gone slightly crispy.
Butternut squash – despite the large natural sugar content, squash provides LOADS OF B vitamins, which have functions in energy release in respiration, and is massively high in potassium which maintains fluid and electrolyte balance.
Goats cheese – even though it has a relatively high fat content, cheese is high in calcium for bone strength and stability.
Onion – High in vitamin C for immune function, folic acid for DNA synthesis, and fibre for digestion.