Yasssss lazy mornings call for PANCAKES… with over 20g of protein per portion, these are perfect for keeping you fuller for longer!
- 4 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 70g porridge oats
- 150g blueberries (to top)
- Mash the bananas into a pulp, and beat in the eggs and oats to make the pancake mixture.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a high heat and add the mix with one spoonful per pancake (they should be quite small so they are easier to turn).
- Cook until brown on the underside and then flip (it should be around 2minutes per side).
- Top with blueberries or the toppings of your choice – peanut butter or maple syrup is also nice!
Eggs – Eggs are the most useful protein source as they provide essential amino acids (the building molecules of protein), which are also absorbed most efficiently by the body.
Porridge oats – high in fibre for digestion and slow energy releasing carbohydrates to keep you going!
Bananas – High in potassium for fluid balance and muscle contraction, and containing naturally occurring sugars to keep your energy up for longer!