Okay okay okay – so if we eat a BALANCED we should be allowed little treats now and again. So here one is – gooey peanut butter brownies!
- 225g crunchy peanut butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 280g brown sugar
- 100g self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160/4.
- Heat 175g of the peanut butter, 150g of the dark chocolate and all of the sugar in a pan on a high heat until the sugar has just melted (this should take around 10minutes). Stir occasionally so that the sugar can caramelise.
- Leave the mixture for around 5minutes to cool and then add the eggs, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Sieve in the flour and combine.
- Pour into a greased 20cm cubed tin and bake for 30minutes.
- Melt the remainder of the peanut butter, and drizzle onto the cooked brownies. Do the same with the remainder of the chocolate.
- Enjoy! (Not in excess).
Compared to most other brownies, these are actually fairly low in calories and fat, most probably because peanut butter has replaced the butter that would have been added!