ITS SUNNY….. and this means picnics! Do you know what picnics mean? Tear-off sharing bread – so here is an easy recipe for summery Italian soda bread – no time for prooving needed! Super quick, easy and healthy!
Makes 8 triangles.
- 450g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g oil
- 225ml milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 125g low-fat mozzarella, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried basil or a few sprigs of fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180/4
- Mix the self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a deep well.
- Add the pepper, then yoghurt, then oil to the well. Then slowly pour in 3/4 of the milk.
- Combine the ingredients from the outside in – bring the flour mix round the inside into the wet ingredients with clean hands.
- Add any extra necessary milk until you have a firm dough.
- Add the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil and combine with the dough in a kneading-line action (there is no actual need for kneading in this dough, it is just an easy way to combine the ingredients).
- Form into a ball in a floured surface and place on a floured baking tray.
- Cut 4-6 long deep slits in the dough – these should be 3/4 deep, so nearly cutting the dough in half.
- Bake for 30-35minutes.
One serving = one triangle.