BREAKFAST TIME: This recipe can easily be adapted to suit your preferences – whether you are an early riser or need a boost to get you going in the morning.
Makes 28 bowls of muesli (60g per serving).
- 1kg porridge oats
- 250g dried fruit and nut mix
- 100g dried cranberries
- 250g tropical mix
- 100g flax seeds
- Empty 1/2- 3/4 of the porridge oats into a large saucepan on a medium heat.
- Keep moving the oats to toast them until they are a golden colour.
- Add the toasted oats, the rest of the other oats, and all other ingredients to a large bowl and mix.
- Serve with cold milk or low-fat greek yoghurt.
Oats – A good source of carbohydrate which will keep you going for ages! And high in fibre for digestion and the B vitamins for energy release.
Dried fruit – Depending on what dried fruit you pick, the nutrients will vary however without a doubt it will be high in vitamins and minerals.
Nuts – Another source of fibre, and high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated (good) fats, and vitamin E and selenium for immune and antioxidant function.