Protein-packed, 3 of your 5-a-day, and perfect paired with crusty bread or sticky rice!
- 3 chicken thighs and 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 1 vine of tomatoes
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1/2 bulb garlic
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220/8
- Mix the vegetables with most of the oil, mixed herbs and seasoning in a baking pan.
- Rub the chicken with the remaining oil and herbs, season.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 40minutes – the vegetables may need tossing halfway through.
Chicken – a good source of protein which is high in the vitamins thiamin, riboflavin and niacin for energy production; and zinc for enzyme function, immune control and protein synthesis.
Courgette – High in vitamin A for vision, fibre for digestion, and magnesium for chemical reactions in the body and immune function.
Tomatoes – massively high in vitamin C for protein and neurotransmitter synthesis; it also has functions in detoxification and as an antioxidant. It also gives you vitamin A for vision and immune function, and potassium for fluid balance and muscle contraction.