A low-fat, high protein (52.2g per serving) and moderate calorie main meal, perfect for the summer and packing a punch with spices and flavour!
- 1 chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 50g dried couscous
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 150ml water or chicken stock
- 80g cooked peas
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- Heat the olive oil on a high heat.
- Sear the chicken so there is no pink around the outside, and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, garlic and carrots, and cook for a further 4minutes until the carrots are slightly soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the stock or boiled water, the peas and the couscous. Combine well.
- Leave for 5 minutes, until the couscous has expanded and is soft and fluffy.
- Add fresh mint to serve.
YES LADS LOOK AT ALL THAT GREEN!
Chicken – a low-fat source of protein which is high in the vitamins thiamin, riboflavin and niacin for energy production; and zinc for enzyme function, immune control and protein synthesis.
Couscous – high in protein (6g per portion) and providing a good base for this dish.
Peas – providing potassium, vitamin B6 for energy and dietary fibre for bowel moment.
Carrots – High in retinol for vision, thiamin for energy release from carbohydrates and neurotransmitter synthesis, fibre for digestion, vitamin C for immune and antioxidant function, and potassium.