This dish is super cheap, can be made in a microwave, and provides you with omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 tin of mackerel (I used Tesco in spicy tomato sauce)
- 2 large wraps
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tin sweetcorn
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Put tinned mackerel in microwaveable bowl and heat for 2-3minutes, taking out and turning over every minutes.
- Repeat with the sweetcorn until hot.
- Put wraps in a deep microwaveable dish and make into taco shapes, they should stay like this if the dish is deep enough, and heat for 2 minutes.
- Make up the tacos, serve with coleslaw or salsa if wanted.
Mackerel – High in omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids, which are essential as the body cannot reproduce them, and proteins.
Wraps – A thin carbohydrate base, super yummy and full of fibre for digestion and high satiety levels if wholemeal.
Avocado – High in unsaturated (good) fats and relatively low in saturates (bad).
Sweetcorn – High in vitamin B1 and B5 for release of energy from respiration, and vitamin C for protein and neurotransmitter synthesis.
Tomatoes – massively high in vitamin C for protein and neurotransmitter synthesis; it also has functions in detoxification and as an antioxidant. It also gives you vitamin A for vision and immune function, and potassium for fluid balance and muscle contraction.