Okay so I normally grab a sandwich for lunch, or have leftovers from tea the night before, but today I thought I would spice things up as I had some time this morning to make my pack-up. To my surprise this literally took me 10minutes to make so I will definitely be doing it again!
- 60g dry couscous
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried cumin
- 160ml boiled water
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, chopper
- Leftover chicken (swap for chickpeas or beans for a veggie version)
- 1-2 teaspoons hummus
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Mix the dry couscous and spices together, and cover with boiled water.
- Leave for 5 minutes, or until the couscous has absorbed all the water.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork to separate.
- Mix in the chicken, cucumber, pepper and fresh coriander.
- Put in a sealable container (if making a pack-up) and top with hummus.